Chapter xiii: Buffa's World


her
jump

Buffa
20 Jan

XNPS
NHH
JJC
NTU

ACTFA


express


friends
Amanda-xen
Amanda-nhh
Dawn
Isabella
Jolin
Melissa
Tan Min
Yixin
Zhu Qing

6A
08S20

showcase













past
♥ January 2006
♥ February 2006
♥ March 2006
♥ April 2006
♥ May 2006
♥ June 2006
♥ July 2006
♥ August 2006
♥ September 2006
♥ October 2006
♥ November 2006
♥ December 2006
♥ January 2007
♥ February 2007
♥ March 2007
♥ April 2007
♥ May 2007
♥ June 2007
♥ July 2007
♥ August 2007
♥ September 2007
♥ November 2007
♥ December 2007
♥ January 2008
♥ February 2008
♥ March 2008
♥ April 2008
♥ May 2008
♥ June 2008
♥ July 2008
♥ August 2008
♥ September 2008
♥ October 2008
♥ November 2008
♥ December 2008
♥ March 2009
♥ May 2009
♥ December 2009
♥ January 2010
♥ February 2010
♥ March 2010
♥ April 2010
♥ May 2010
♥ June 2010
♥ July 2010
♥ August 2010
♥ February 2011
title: Dance
date: Saturday, January 27, 2007
time:10:27 PM
It's been a coughing journey for me. The more I speak, the more I cough. Thus concluding that the best medicine is to be mute for the day.

I kind of miss hip hop and salsa today. I was supposed to go every Sat but I have to stop them temporarily till after my "O". How I wish time will pass faster so I can resume my normal lifestyle where I can continuously workout my legs. I love doing that. It makes you a more stable person, physically and mentally. Physically as I will do my turnings and moves to polish my lines and sharpness. Mentally, I am overcoming barriers in my mind. Take for example a double spin. At first, I can't seem to do it. Yet now it has came true and I can spin. Yay...

Today, I shall touch upon the topic of dancing (oh I always do):

Many people think that dancing is some bimbotic form of expression where the girl shakes her butt or do a bodywave. However, I beg to differ. I think that dance requires lots of discipline and determination. She has to tone her body to push it to its limit so ensure that maximum results are obtained. In this way, when you see her dance, she will have the expression of the dance and her body shall flow to the music without hesitations.

Expressions in dance? What's that? Well, it doesn't mean you smile all the way or cry when you are in a sad atmosphere. The dancer has to carry the feeling in her moves and achieve the aura in her that is similar to the character of the dance. For example, in hip hop, you have to be this cool, starve-for-a-punch look in ur face. Yours moves have to be sharp to the very end so it will seem like a powerful move. In ballet, you have to be poise and graceful. Yet on the inside, you have to pull up your body constantly, so you will temporary "lose some weight". In this way, the dance will maintain her balance when doing a jump or spin. Similarly, in salsa, as in hot, sulty salsa, you have to pull this "hey!!! look at me!!I'm sexy" face. This way, the audience will have the motivation to look at you doing the shimmy or flips.

Discipline? Why do we need this? I thought it only existed in uniform groups? Well.. if you do not have the dicipine, how do u aim for a triple spin and ending with a leg-lift? It really takes the wit and strength to get there. Also, if you don't constantly practise, how are you going to maintain the stamina to catch up with the speed of the music. I think by then you will be chasing the music instead of using the music to dance.

The art of dancing is indeed a deep and analytical one. That's why I have fallen in love with it.

Buffa


top