Chapter xiii: Buffa's World


her
jump

Buffa
20 Jan

XNPS
NHH
JJC
NTU

ACTFA


express


friends
Amanda-xen
Amanda-nhh
Dawn
Isabella
Jolin
Melissa
Tan Min
Yixin
Zhu Qing

6A
08S20

showcase













past
♥ January 2006
♥ February 2006
♥ March 2006
♥ April 2006
♥ May 2006
♥ June 2006
♥ July 2006
♥ August 2006
♥ September 2006
♥ October 2006
♥ November 2006
♥ December 2006
♥ January 2007
♥ February 2007
♥ March 2007
♥ April 2007
♥ May 2007
♥ June 2007
♥ July 2007
♥ August 2007
♥ September 2007
♥ November 2007
♥ December 2007
♥ January 2008
♥ February 2008
♥ March 2008
♥ April 2008
♥ May 2008
♥ June 2008
♥ July 2008
♥ August 2008
♥ September 2008
♥ October 2008
♥ November 2008
♥ December 2008
♥ March 2009
♥ May 2009
♥ December 2009
♥ January 2010
♥ February 2010
♥ March 2010
♥ April 2010
♥ May 2010
♥ June 2010
♥ July 2010
♥ August 2010
♥ February 2011
title: Dancepointe and belly dance
date: Saturday, December 13, 2008
time:8:38 PM
2 significant events occurred since i last blogged: Dancepointe performance as well as today's exotic Belly Dancing.

DANCEPOINTE PERFORMANCE
The D-Day was the recent Wednesday. I had to pull myself up early in the morning around 7 just to wash up and meet the others to get on the chartered bus. Our hip hop group was really lame. haha...we entertained ourselves with hand and mouth games. At Victoria Theatre, the first rehearsal started, followed by a matinee and gala. Everything ended at 11pm. Though I did only 3 times of the dance item and practised our xen item a few times, I was shacked. I practically CRAWLED to bed.

Over the 2 days: rehearsal and D-Day, I feel the directors in Dancepointe are really bias. They favour ballet to hip-hop. Even their so-called jazz item somehow morphed into a ballet thing. During the rehearsal, time was tight and the management even suggested jackie to do away with the blocking for the hip-hoppers. Really, I feel it's unfair.

Anyway, I got a solo part which is girly hip-hop in the finale item to the song Move Shake Drop. Yay!! So let the pictures do the talking:



Snow White and the dwarfs




The mice helping Cinderella make her dress and the finale pose for that item. The array of costumes with Cinderella and the fairy godmother




These are The Little mermaid pictures. All the underwater creatures or rather 'darlings' since they are 5 to 6 yrs old kids. Octopus, sharks etc.



The wonderful effects of UV light on the costumes as well as a dance with Beauty and the Beast

(more pictures will be uploaded soon esp Jackie's proposallll hehe)

BELLY-DANCING EVENT
And so just now around evening time Dawn and I performed at Gek Poh Mall. Right from the start I knew this was not a good sign. A neighbourhood shopping mall especially in the west is filled with old people esp those cheeky old men and Bangalas. Just dont get why it has to be belly dancing.

We had a crash course the day before to learn this dance with a veil that is soooo irritating. Its thread were coming out and easily tangle with our costumes.

As we danced, I could hear comments from the audience. At the start, when we walked on stage, a could hear some kids saying EEEE..... and when we did the butt shimmy, the some went WA!! There were a couple of mistakes here and there. But most of them were committed by Dawn. hor hor....Dawn dawn ah, how can you forget your steps. :P

Overall, it was fine. And this malay girl came up to us and said, you all were pro. ha...oh well (in their eyes)

Wee...


top